FAQ – TK Techniker Krankenkasse
You have to ask before applying for health insurance? Do you have questions about applying for health insurance? We have answered a variety of questions for you.
I would like to co-insure my family members
Applications by e-mail will not be accepted by TK! Use one of this options:
TK offers the possibility to co-insure family members. If you have indicated in your application that you want to insure your family members as well TK will send you a letter with a one-time password (by postal mail). You can use this to conveniently fill out the application for family insurance online.
(2) TK App
If you already have access to “Meine TK” you can apply for family insurance in the TK app. You can find details here: https://www.tk.de/en/register-mobile-device-2083348
(3) Postal Mail
Two things are necessary for the application: (1) completed and signed application form and (2) passport photo form.
TK requires that the passport photo be submitted in paper form. Therefore, we recommend that you send (1) and (2) together by postal mail (as registered mail) to TK:
If you have already received access data for the online area of TK (“Meine TK” / “My TK”), you can also upload the Passport photo in the customer area. Use the this link to do so. You can request these access data directly from TK if you have not received them. Please have your insurance number ready.
I would like to change my address
You can change your address with TK as follows:
- Please send your registration certificate with your insurance number to [email protected]
- If you have access to “My TK” you can change the address directly in the customer area
I made a mistake on the form.
You have made a mistake when you filled out the form and now you have already received an confirmation of the health insurance provider? No worries. Please contact us as soon as possible or reply to our application confirmation.
If you have already received a confirmation of insurance from TK, please contact us with your insurance number: Techniker Krankenkasse
I did not receive my application.
You have filled out the application form on our website but did not receive anything? Don't worry. This should not happen, but if it does, it was probably a glitch and you don't have to submit the form another time (which takes time, right?). We will try to retrieve it and send it to you another time.
What you need to do
- Please check your inbox/spam folder
- Simply get in touch with us (use the form below)!
- Our team will get back to you within 2 working days, but usually on the same day.
- We will re-send the completed deregistration form to the email address you provided when you submitted the form. You can then print the form and take it to the deregistration office (or send it there!).
I have not received any confirmation from the health insurance provider
3 Things you can do
- Sometimes delivering letters and having the processed by the health insurance provider can take a few days (2-5 working days). Perhaps you want to wait a little longer.
- If your matter is urgent and / or none of the other methods work: Get directly in touch with us or call the health insurance provider: